As every fan of watching things on screens is aware, the Writers Guild of America (WGA) has struck, or perhaps stricken, against the Alliance of Motion Picture, Television, and Made-For-Television Motion Picture Producers (AMPTMFTMPP).

As WGA members, we vow not to commit any of our brilliant ideas to the page until the studios capitulate to our demands. We refuse to draw upon our vast creative resources, which include one shared copy of Final Draft software and a vocabulary chock full of words like "capitulate," "chock full," and "lest." Lest America forget what it's missing out on, here’s WHAT WE’RE NOT WRITING today:


(To tell the world what you're not writing during the strike, click here.)

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"Spit It Out, Carl!"

A forensics team attempts to solve crimes despite the fact that their assistant keeps accidentally eating the evidence.

3 comments:

Bucky said...

This is the idea I'll most regret never getting the chance to see. And I'll tell you what: as a show of solidarity, I'll be more than happy to not write it with you, so long as I get a third of the $0 payment forthcoming, "lest" one day a third of $0 becomes more than the piece of the pie we eventually come to share with our other partners, the AMPTP.

Of course, I'll need my lawyer to review the agreement for her 5% share of the 33% of the $0 that I have coming to me. It's not that I don't trust you, but... I don't have to explain it to you -- you understand, right?

Sincerely,

Bucky

Anonymous said...

writing this one might be worth losing your wga membership and being disgraced on defamer for.  watching "spit it out carl" would easily become the best part of my week and every moment I wasnt watching "spit it out carl" would just be a moment I was waiting to watch more "spit it out carl."  It's basically how I feel about the mtv show kaya right now.

James said...

Rofl